The Sanibel Island Lighthouse is located on the eastern end of the 12-mile-long island. The lighthouse, which was first lit in 1884, has seen its ups and downs. As part of a major renovation project, Rohaley & Sons installed a 2-inch water line from a new water meter to the cottages on the lighthouse property. We installed a new potable water line down the service road and underneath the old caretaker’s house, which is currently used for storage. The city, which manages the lighthouse property now, wanted the building to have access to potable water so that the building could be rented out for events.
We also ran new water lines for a fish cleaning station when the lighthouse fishing pier was rebuilt. We have repaired, replaced, and run new water lines to every one of Sanibel Island’s parks and beaches.